Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two way left turning lane

Sigh.... I failed the ICBC road test examination for my motorcycle license. I thought that I did very well, but the examiner disagreed. I did all the shoulder-checks, but he wants me to do the right shoulder check as the very last thing when turning right. Also, I did not use a two way left turn lane. Both were enough reason for a fail in their own right. This really sucks. 16 years motorcycle experience, two advanced rider courses, an "excellent drive" on my car road test here in BC, and still they manage to fail me. I'm convinced their driver training system is pretty broken. That's what you get if you give government tasks to commercial companies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, doing the right shoulder check for right turns last sounds obvious. But that two way lane looks horrendous. Is it mandatory?

Bram said...

Yes, ignore the lane, and you fail automatically, is what he told me. Traffic nazi's.

Bram Stolk Sr said...

Well there is an excuse....Commercial examiners have their links with the instructors from driving schools. You were nowhere registered as a student driver so you had to fail the test as a penalty.....

BTW what is the need for looking back while taking turns, there could be noboddy to interfere with as you are doing a 310 km/hr....sic

Amy said...

So, the system fails when the government uses commercial companies to do their work? Does this not conflict with your views as a libertarian?

There's no winning with you :P

Bram said...

Hey... where are you posting this from ?
You cannot already be in Vienna.